2014-2015 Budget Preparation Process
In February we provided a brief update on the financial recovery progress for Alburnett CSD. Today we invite you to participate in more in depth conversations as we continue planning for our future. Please note these important dates:
March 17 Presentation of information during the Regular Board Meeting
April 7 School & Community Forum – question & answer session regarding budget
April 8 Special Meeting – Public Hearing and Board approval of budget
April 15 Budget certification deadline
Alburnett CSD Welcomes You With an Invitation to Become Well-Informed
A Presentation of Information Regarding the Financial Health of the Alburnett CSD
During the March Regular Board Meeting
March 17, 7:00 p.m.
Additional seating will be added to accommodate visitors
In preparation of the 2014-2015 School Budget, the Alburnett CSD Board of Education will be receiving a comprehensive review of finances. Topics will include:
- Review of School Funds, Ending Fund Balance, and Unspent Budget Authority
- “Big Picture” Understanding of Financial Health Recovery – understanding hard decisions
- Financial Recovery Progress Report
- Financial Health Work-Out Plan Part 1 – Decrease Expenditures
- Financial Health Work-Out Plan Part 2 – Increase Revenue
- How do we arrive at a total Tax Asking?
- A Tax Asking Relative To Our Circumstances – Revisiting Our Recovery Plan
- Publication Requirements and What Happens After Publication?
Visitors will leave with valuable information about the past, present, and future of district finances